After going through infertility and researching ways to get pregnant, I came across a few articles that stated we can choose the sex of our babies naturally. At the moment, I didn’t care. I just wanted a healthy baby whether it was a boy or a girl. After getting pregnant with my first, second (ENDED IN MISCARRIAGE), and the third baby, I knew what I was going to have before any ultrasound and gender test. All three times my predictions were correct. So, the answer to the question can you choose the gender of your baby is yes!
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Is there a difference between X sperm and Y sperm?
Before understanding ways to conceive a boy or a girl, you need to understand that female (X Chromosome) sperms and male (Y Chromosome) sperms are different. Y sperms are very fast; however, they don’t live for long since they are weak and vulnerable to their environment. X sperm are slow, but are strong and can live longer than Y sperm.
How to conceive a boy?
- The most important factor is timing. If you want to conceive a boy, have sexual intercourse only near the time of ovulation so the Y sperms can reach the egg before the X sperms. Wait for the signs of ovulation like increased cervical mucus before doing the deed, or simply wait for a positive on an ovulation kit test. If you do the deed before ovulation, the Y sperms will die off and there will be more X sperms at the time of ovulation.
Click here for my favorite ovulation test kit. It is cheap and worked like a charm for each of my pregnancies. They come in a pack of 60 ovulation tests and 20 pregnancy tests.
- Food: Eat food high in sodium (like salt) and potassium (like bananas). These foods favor male sperm.
- Wearing loose underwear: Men should wear loose underwear because tight underwear causes the scrotums to heat up, and male sperm cannot live in that environment.
- Female Orgasm: Orgasms make the vagina alkaline which increases the possibility of Y sperms surviving.
- Sexual Position: The deeper the penetration, the best for Y sperms. Doggy style achieves this deep penetration.
I only did one of these things in all three pregnancies, and it worked. I used ovulation kits to time my sexual intercourse, and it worked all three times.
How to conceive a girl?
- Timing: If you want to conceive a girl, have sexual intercourse 2-4 days before ovulation, and once you get a positive ovulation test or begin seeing the increased cervical mucus, do not have sexual intercourse.
- Food: Avoid foods high in potassium and sodium. Instead, eat foods high in calcium and magnesium. Also, eat foods or drink things high in acid like soda. This would make it harder for Y sperms to survive.
- Wear tight underwear: The men should wear tight underwear to make it harder for Y sperms to live.
- Females should not orgasm. Orgasms make an environment suitable for Y sperm. We want the resilient X sperms to live and Y sperms to die off.
- Sexual Position: Use missionary style and do not penetrate deeply. Don’t give the Y sperms a boost.
I can say from experience that timing is how to choose the sex of your baby. Buy ovulation kits and decide which gender you want. It could be that simple.
Other Ways – Can You Choose The Gender Of Your Baby (Gender Selection)
There is a medical technique called gender selection that helps you conceive a boy or a girl. PGS (Preimplantation Genetic Screening) is a test used to detect whether a fertilized egg has two X chromosomes (a girl) or has an XY chromosome (boy). You can then do IVF to place the embryo back in the mother. PGS costs about 5000 dollars. To learn more about this, click here.
Related Posts You May Be Interested In